Sunday 27 November 2016

Brrr! Icy Christmas

My second upload for today is a wintery Christmas card.  I think this one has a really cold feel to it. 

I used a digi stamp by Digi Stamp Boutique for this card.  I love this cute image!  I coloured it using Polychromos pencils (my medium of choice at the moment - I am using them so much I am going to need some new ones soon!)

The background papers I have used on this card were a bargain from Poundland.  I saw them mentioned somewhere and was lucky enough to get there before they had all gone.  I have got five different pads and I really like them all.  They are really good quality for a pound as well.  They are about 6" x 8" and there are 32 sheets to a pad, but I reckon you will have to be really quick to find any still left, as I first saw somebody post about these about a week ago.

I kept the embellishments to a minimum on this one, as I wanted the image to be the main feature, so I just added some wooden snowflakes and a few pearls.  As this is a Christmas card it had to have soem glitter, so I glittered the snowflakes, parts of the hat and scarf and bits of the sea with crystal Stickles.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Allsorts - anything Christmas
Challenge up Your Life - snowflakes
Inkspirational - word prompt "CHILL"
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - got the blues
Creative Corner Challenges - winter
Dream Valley Challenges - winter animals

7 comments:

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card Sian, such a cute image and lovely blues.
Pauline
x

brenda said...

A super creation for our Christmas theme at Allsorts this week and such a sweet Polar Bear, many thanks for joining in.

I have a Tattered Lace Crossover machine to be won If you would like to join in here 

B x

N-Eva said...

Fantastic card! Truly beautiful!! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
Neva DT

Tracy said...

Such a sweet card, and an adorable image. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge. Good Luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sherri Thacker said...

This image is as cute as can be! I love it!

Kim M said...

What a cute card! Your colouring is great too. Thanks for joining us over at Inkspirational! 😊

Sammy said...

so cute! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x