Tuesday 17 January 2017

Cardz 4 Guyz: Triple Matting Technique

Hello everyone.  I am really pleased to have been invited by my friend Caz to join the design team on the Cardz 4 Guyz challenge blog.  This is my first DT card.  This week's challenge is to create a card using the triple mat technique.

I created this card by firstly creating a background with Distress Inks and layered stamping.  I won't describe the triple mat technique as you can see a tutorial by clicking on the link above.  I then created a collage on top using various stamps.  I layered the triple matted image onto a background created with Distress Inks and water and matted onto brown pearlescent card and then added a piece of twine at the bottom.  Finally I added the wooden sentiment.

This is a bit of a deviation from my usual style of card at the moment and more like the kind of things I used to create, but I am hoping to get back to using multiple techniques now I have a bit more spare time!

I hope you can join us this week at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Sian.

3 comments:

Babs said...

Sian this is fabulous lovely colours and great stamping technique .love it. congratulions on your first post for cardz4guyz

Hugs Babs x

Joan said...

This is just fabulous Sian, love the colours, the images, everything

Joan

Sue - said...

Super card Sian, very masculine.