Monday 23 January 2017

Make My Monday: Black, White and a Pop of Red

Good morning!  This week's challenge on the Make My Monday challenge blog is to create something using black, white and a pop of red.

I created this card using an aperture card.  I cut some patterned paper just smaller than the card blank and die cut a circle in the centre just smaller than the card aperture.  I then stitched around the edges of the paper using white thread and stuck it onto the card blank. 

I die cut a trellis from black card and stuck it to the inside of the aperture.I then added some patterned paper to the inside of the card so that it could be seen through the aperture.  The papers I have used on this card are from the Noire Luxe pad by Trimcraft.

I die cut some flowers from black, white and red card and shaped them and inked the edges to give them some depth.  Then I added some pearls to the centres.  I stamped the sentiment in Versamark on black card, and embossed it using red sparkle embossing powder, then I added some smaller flowers to the edges of the sentiment.

I hope you can join us this week at Make My  Monday.

Sian.

4 comments:

Basslady said...

dear teamie...this is fantastic...i love the flower arrangement!
hugs and kisses from Germany
silvi xoxo

Babs said...

Hi sian, your flowers are beautiful and very eye catching, a gorgeous card, love the papers and your centra piece,

Hugs Babs x

Joan said...

Fab card Sian, very striking design, I do like the black/red/white colour scheme and your pretty flowers

Joan

Sue - said...

Stunning design Sian!