Tuesday 7 February 2017

Cardz 4 Guyz: Love You!

Love is in the air once again today, this time at Cardz 4 Guyz where the theme is Love You!  I always find male Valentine's cards quite tricky because I don't want them to be too cute or soppy (most of the men I know wouldn't appreciate it!)  So I have tried to create a very masculine looking Valentine's card which nevertheless gets the message across.

I created this card using a variety of techniques (and no patterned paper - unusual for me!)  I started off using a Kraft card blank and created my bottom layer by applying Versamark ink through a stencil and then applying mica powders in various metallic shades.  Then I applied some more Versamark around the edges and embossed using Wow! embossing powders.

For the square in the middle I used a piece of black card which I dry embossed using an embossing folder and then wiped over a Versamark inkpad so that the ink was picked up by the raised areas.  Then I applied mica powers and embossed around the edges in the same way as the lower level . 

I die cut the heart and the squiggles using dies from the Entwined collection by Leonie Pujol and embossed them using different colours of Wow! embossing powder.  I wrapped some squiggles around the heart and stuck it into the middle of the card, then wrapped some of the squiggles around each other and attached them at the corners.  Finally I added the sentiment "I'm happiest when I'm with you" which is from a Tim Holtz Ideaology pad.

I look forward to seeing everyone's creations at this week's Cardz 4 Guyz challenge.

Sian.  xx




No comments: