Tuesday 14 February 2017

Cardz 4 Guyz: No Patterned Paper

Good morning!  It's time for a new challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz, and this week's challenge is to create a card without using any patterned paper.  I am a big lover of patterned papers, so it's unusual for me to create cards without using them (well, usually anyway - I seem to have been doing a few lately).

I started with some white card that I inked using distress inks in various brown shades and then splashed soem water over it.  I dried it with a heat gun and then stamped a brick background and then the cogs in a darker brown over the top.  I matted this onto brown card and stuck it onto my card blank.

Next I created the centre rectangle by dry embossing it using an embossing folder and then rubbing distress inks over it. 

I then coloured the two digi images using Polychromos pencils.  (These are from the Steampunk Men set by The Octopode Factory - I like a bit of weird!)  I cut them out and stuck them onto the embossed background.  The cogs at the corners are die cut.  I wanted to cut them from copper card, but I didn't have any, so I used some brown shades of alcohol ink on gold card, which I think I prefer anyway as it give a grungy look which is more in fitting with the rest of the card.

The sentiment is from a Tim Holtz Idea-ology pad and says "life was meant for a great adventure".

I hope you can join us for this week's Cardz 4 Guyz challenge.

Sian.  xx

1 comment:

EmmaT said...

Fantastic design, love the characters. Emma