Tuesday 28 February 2017

Cardz 4 Guyz: Tag it

Good morning!  Today's challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz is Tag it.

I created both the main background of my card and the tags with Kraft card using a mixture of acrylic paints, distress inks and stamping.  I started off with the acrylic paint, which is an off white shade.  I put paint on various objects such as bubble wrap and lids from glue and paints and stamped it onto the card, and also applied some paint through sequin waste.

I waited for the paint to dry (that was the hard part) and then blended distress inks onto the card and the tags, then I created a layer of stamping using coordinating distress inks.  Finally I stamped the main image onto the top tag using memento ink, which gives better coverage over the acrylic paint.

I matted and layered all of the elements onto blue card , punched holes in the tags and added eyelets, added some jute twine through the tops of the tags and then arranged everything on the card.  Finally, I cut the small stars from blue and Kraft card and arranged them and added them to the card.

I hope you can join us this week at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Sian.  xx

No comments: