Monday 6 February 2017

Make My Monday: Shimmer and Shine

Hi everyone.  I had the honour of choosing this week's theme at Make My Monday.  I chose the theme of shimmer and shine, the idea being to create something using products that make it shimmer, shine, sparkle etc.  You can use anything you like that creates shimmer, shine or sparkle.

I have not used any patterned papers on this card, which is unusual for me.  Instead I opted for maximum shimmer and shine by creating my own backgrounds.  I created the main background to the card using Distress Spray Stains and mica sprays, then sprinkled it with some Wow! embossing powders which I set with a heat gun.  I used pearlescent teal card for matting and layering. 

I created the panel to the left of the card using alcohol inks and then layered a strip of sparkly silver mesh over the top of it. 

The main image on my card is a digi stamp by Julia Spiri, and I coloured her with Polychromos pencils added some Wow! embossing powder to her tail using a Versamark pen and added some Stickles glitter glue  to her tail, eyelids and to the bubbles.  Then I inked around the edges of the image with Versamark and embossed with Wow! embossing powders in various colours, sprinkling some of the embossing powders inwards from the edges for added sparkle and shine.  I die cut the shells and starfish using some nautical dies by Marianne Designs then inked them with Versamark and embossed them in various colours of Wow! embossing powders.  Finally I added some very shimmery pearls.

Shimmery/shiny/sparkly items used:

Mica sprays
Pearlescecnt card
Wow! embossing powers (various colours)
Stickles glitter glue
Silver sparkly mesh
Shimmery stick-on pearls

I hope you can join us this week at Make My Monday.

Sian. xx

5 comments:

Jose said...

Just Beautiful colors. Grt Jose

Babs said...

Hi Sian, this is so gorgeous, what a beautiful mermaid and you have coloured her to perfection, fabulous papers too.

Hugs Babs x

Basslady said...

teamie...you card is such a work of art!

hugs and kisses from Germany
silvi xoxo

Viv said...

Fab colouring and a great card Sian.

Nandini said...

Amazing coloring and I love all the texture and layers. Really beautiful card!