Tuesday 23 May 2017

Cardz 4 Guyz: Favourite Colour Combination

Good morning!  We have a nice easy challenge for you this week at Cardz 4 Guyz - to use your favourite colour combination.

I am a big fan of bright colours (I think a part of me has never grown up), and one of my favbourite colour combinations for male cards is orange and turquoise.  I decided to make a boy's birthday card, using these great stamps by Woodware.

I coloured the monsters with Polychromos Pencils and cut them out.  Then I layered some pattermned papers onto the card, tearing a hole in the top layer so it would look like the monsters had torn their way through.  I added the bold Happy Birthday die cuts as I thought a bold sentiment would look good with the bright colours, and as a finishing touch I added the candles which are paper straws with patterned paper flames.

I hope you can join us this week at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Sian.  xx

3 comments:

Joan said...

Fun card Sian, love those monsters and that brilliant colour scheme

Tammy said...

OMG so cute and fun, I love the little monsters!
Tammy x

Sue - said...

Love this Sian, gorgeous colours and what a clever idea to make the candles out of straws.