Thursday 12 October 2017

Cardz 4 Galz: Monochromatic

Good morning!  It's time for another challenge at Cardz 4 Galz, and this week's theme is monochromatic.    Having made one Halloween card already, I was still in a Halloween kind of mood when I made this one.  I wanted to do something a bit different than the last card, so I decided on shades of purple.

I came across this amazing digi stamp by Molly Harrison Art when browsing on Etsy, and I had to have her.  I think she's cute but has bags of attitude!  I coloured her with Polychromos pencils.   I don't usually do backgrounds when I'm colouring for cards, mainly because they're not my strong point, but this image had the moon and a horizon line, so I decided to give it a go and I'm actually fairly pleased with how it's turned out.

For the rest of my card I used patterned papers, which I stamped with that spider web stamp I was talking about in my last post!  The creepy crawlies are die cuts by Marianne Designs

I hop you can join us this week at Cardz 4 Galz.

Sian. xx

3 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Sian, your magical coloring always wows me! Beautifully done, and such wonderful textures and shades you have achieved for the monochromatic theme!

Tammy said...

WOW Sian, this is stunning! Such a fabulous spooky image and your coloring is absolutely gorgeous, awesome sky & ground!
Hugs, Tammy

Ina G said...

I agree with Tammy - this is stunning. What beautiful colouring too. Fantastic layout.