Tuesday 10 October 2017

Cardz 4 Guyz: Boo!

Good morning.  Today's challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz is Boo!  (Halloween), or autumn as an alternative if Halloween is not your thing.

I don't send cards at Halloween, but I love anything dark and spooky so I love creating Halloween themed things. 

The main Image on my card is a digi stamp by Oddball Art Co, and I coloured him with Polychromos pencils.  The bats are part of the same image. 

I wanted to create an atmospheric background for this card so I blended some distress inks and then splashed with water.  I was originally going to use a small spider web stamp on the background, but I couldn't find it so instead I decided to draw a large spider web.  I'm glad I did because I like the effect, and I think this card has ended up looking quite dramatic.  (Not surprisingly my stamp turned up half an hour later when I was looking for something else - I've used it for some of my other Halloween cards!)

I hope you can join us this week at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Sian.  xx

2 comments:

Babs said...

Love the warmth to this card, great image and a gorgeous card.
Hugs Babs x

Tammy said...

Another awesome Halloween card Sian! I love your background and that adorable little vampire!
Tammy x